Hello! This is the website and portfolio of Chris Northwood (I'm sometimes found online using the handle laser or a variation and I hold the radio callsigns M3NTW and 2E0NTW).
I'm currently a Technologist working for BBC Research & Development.
What I believe
- I believe in Continuous Delivery
- I believe in Agile projects and Kanban
- I'm a polyglot programmer, who believes in using the best tool for the job
- I work in integrated, cross-functional teams: swarming on problems, rather than siloed roles and responsibilities
- I believe in Behaviour-Driven Development as a communication tool
- I believe in effective code reviews
- I build accessibility and security in from the start
- I use Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- I believe in working at a sustainable pace
What I know
MSc Computer Science with Speech & Language Processing (University of Sheffield)
Final result: Performance with Distinction
Awarded the Fretwell-Downing prize for performance in thesis: Temporal Expression Recognition and Normalisation in Python.
BEng Computer Science (University of York)
Final result: Second class honours, first division